Sunday, September 14, 2008

my room is messy

my room is messy. i used to joke that the state of one's bedroom reflects the owner's state of mind.

lately, my nephews had taken a liking to my room, making it their favorite hang-out. my bed and pillows, my books and magazines, my computer and other gadgets had become fair game to them.

i do not have a very neat and organized room, but i know where things are, and once moved, i get upset. i want everything within reach, in less than a minute.

i would be rudely awaken by a loud "hi, tita!" and a heavy plop on my bed, a pillow would be taken from my embrace, and the space beside me suddenly occupied.

they used to avoid my room when they were young. now they have discovered that my bed and many pillows are perhaps better than theirs, so they play with their psp on my bed. a nephew hunts for snacks in my room, he knows what cabinet to raid. but the main attraction is my computer, where they spend many hours playing dota or garena or whatever game is in at the moment.

so these days i come home to a room in disarray: pillows all over the bed, bedsheets out of place, floormat not on its usual place... ah, what a messy room.

but it's a happy messy room. in the absence of their mother, at least my room has provided them some kind of solace. the mess is about family connections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home